Trojan.Win32.Generic is a highly risky and destructive Trojan horse which hacks into your Registry to trigger security exploits and permit back access silently. On infected, Trojan.Win32.Generic run codes that execute services automatically whenever you boot up your system. It can make change your Keys and add malicious Keys in registry and even eliminate some files to make some system function to be disabled and trigger errors that affect system security. Meanwhile, Trojan.Win32.Generic alters DNS settings to connect your web browser with remote server, so that it can assist remote attacker to send more threats to your PC.
Trojan.Win32.Generic Distribution Ways
Trojan.Win32.Generic comes into Windows PC when users install free software shared by unknown third party online, open attachments on email sent by spammers, and visit websites that contain exploits or risk porn sites.
Trojan.Win32.Generic Can Cause Many Security Issues
Trojan.Win32.Generic slows download your system speed a lot once it installs hijacker, adware, rogueware and other threats, and then you will find that it is impossible to use your PC without interruptions from random program error, annoying security alerts, tons of ads and system crash. Worse still, Trojan.Win32.Generic may monitor your browsing activities to steal your personal information such as login numbers, password, confidential data, etc, and then send them to unknown third parties which may cheat you for money. Therefore, should you found this Trojan.Win32.Generic on your PC, get started to remove it quickly, or you will have to bear severe risks brought by it.
Trojan.Win32.Generic Removal Steps (Windows OS)
If you’re a Mac user facing virus related problems, please check this guide >> Remove Adware, Search Hijacker or PUA from Mac
NOTE – Please bookmark this page first, because some steps will require you to restart your web browser or computer.
Quick Menu For Manual Removal Steps:
Manually remove stubborn computer threats such as Trojan.Win32.Generic may take hours and you may make mistakes that damage PC. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Aniti-malware to scan for Trojan.Win32.Generic and related malware. This avoids risks and may cut down your time to minutes.
SpyHunter Anti-malware is suitable for all versions of Windows OS. It is a professional PC protection tool able to detect and remove computer threats, including but not limited to Adware, Search Hijacker, Redirect Virus, Scam Pop-up Ads, Trojan horse, Malware and Ransomware.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys)
1. Hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time to open Windows Task Manager:
2. Find suspicious process that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic, and then right-click on it and click End Process or End Task.
Click the Chrome menu button >> Click Tools >> Select Extensions:
Find extension that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic or potential threat >> Click the trash can icon to delete them.
Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel >> find extension that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic or potential threat >> Click Remove button.
On Internet Explorer
Open the IE, click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
Choose Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window >> Find extension that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic or potential threat>> Click Disable button
On Microsoft Edge
Trojan.Win32.Generic or potential threat help search / homepage hijacker and redirect virus infect your Edge browser. You need to check Settings of Edge to see if it has been hijacked:
1. Change your default search engine to Google or Bing if it is replaced by unwanted search engine:
- Run Edge browser >> Click More (…) button at the right of the address bar >> choose Settings;
- – Click View advanced settings button
- Click Change search engine button under “Search in the address bar with”:
- You can see several famous search engine in the list >> choose Google or Bing and click Set as default
2. Change your homepage on Microsoft Edge if it is hijacked by redirect infection:
- Open Edge browser, click More (…) button on the top-right corner, then choose Settings
- Under Open with list, select A specific page or pages, then you can set Bing or MSN as default homepage.
- And you can also select “Custom” option and input your favorite website address :
If an unwanted extensions or search engine cannot be removed manually, it may be associated with malicious programs. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Ani-malware and see if it will find malware for you:
On Win 10
Uninstall programs that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic from Windows 10
– Click Start button >> Click Settings
– Click on System
– Click on Apps & features >> Select programs that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic or potential threat and click Uninstall.
On Win 8 / 8.1
Uninstall programs that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic from Windows 8 / 8.1
(Win 8) Move your mouse cursor to the bottom-left corner of your Win 8 screen and wait for a sec to let the Start button shows up >> Right click on it to open Start Context Menu:
(Win 8.1) Open the Start Context Menu by clicking the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen:
– Choose Programs and Features in the menu >> Select programs that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic and click Uninstall:
On Win 7/Vista/XP
Uninstall Trojan.Win32.Generic from Win 7 / Vista / XP:
– Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu >> Click Control Panel
– In Control Panel, select View by Category >> Click Uninstall a program button :
– Choose programs that may be related with Trojan.Win32.Generic and click Uninstall:
If an unwanted program cannot be removed from Control Panel manually, you may need to find and delete all files and folders related with it. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Ani-malware and see if it will detect files of malware for you:
1. Hit Windows + R keys at the same time to open Run window and input a regedit and click OK:
2. In the Registry Editor, hit Windows key + F key at the same time to open Find window → Enter virus or malware name → Press Enter key to start search.
3. When the search is completed, right click the folders related with Trojan.Win32.Generic and click Delete button:
|Please Read This Before You Remove Registry Files
PLEASE Be Carefully, Do Not Delete Healthy Registry Entries, That May Damage Your Computer.
If you are not able to determine which regsitry files are related with infection, we recommend downloading SpyHunter’s Malware Scanner and see if it will find files of Trojan.Win32.Generic for you:
– Once SpyHunter is installed, click Start Scan Now and wait for a few minutes to scan for malicious files of threats:
– To use Spyhuner 5 remove the detected threats, you will need to Register its full version.
Good Tips for Computer Security and Performance
|How to Prevent Virus and Malware?|
|– Update your computer all the time.
Remember to install automatic system update when your receive update notification, these updates can avoid system bugs so that computer infections cannot sneak into easily.
– Avoid installing third party free software.
Third party free software is the most common way used by virus maker to spread computer threats. It usually may silently install or download unwanted items to harm your system. If you have to install such freeware, remember to select Custom or Advanced installation and check all details in the process.
– Avoid clicking uncertain links on websites or suspicious emails.
Links, ads and emails are another way for malware distribution. When you click on suspicious pop-ups ads or links from unsafe websites and spam email, various threats can be activated to harm your system.
– Install professional anti-virus and anti-malware and keep firewall on.
– The most important way to protect computer is to equip it with professional security software. We recommend you to install antivirus such as Shield Antivirus (Windows OS), Mac Antivirus (Mac OS) and anti-malware such as SpyHunter (Windows OS), WiperSoft (Windows OS), Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac OS), and MacBooster (Mac OS).
|How to Optimize and Speed-up Computer?|
|1. Uninstall programs which you never use or rarely use;
2. Use Disk Defragmenter every 2 month to free some space;
3. Disable or limit unnecessary Startup Programs;
4. Delete junks such as temp files once a week.