SourceAdd.app is an application which claims to a good program for your computer. However, it is not true. SourceAdd.app is a potentially unwanted app (PUA), and we will uncover more things about it for you in this article.
SourceAdd.app is excel at producing ads with fake substance and showing them on the browsers. Its hacker has modified a rootkit which can soon create a few ads with the data got from you. For instance, when you do seek “iphone 6s” on the web, it will rapidly set this key words in the nested template it has prepared before, and then it will create numerous ads like this. Indeed, you may remind yourself often of not clicking on it. But it is too many to be avoided.
For the most parts, the advertisements by SourceAdd.app are titled with “Promotions by SourceAdd.app”, “SourceAdd.app”, “brought by SourceAdd.app” or “produced by SourceAdd.app”, it can be perceived easily. Even so, you cannot get rid of it. The ads are by all account not the only damage it showed. It would likewise debilitate the system protection and then let the virus in without obstruction or cautioning. That is the reason why we have a common sense that adware is more unsafe than virus.
If you have no clue how to stop this, you could check the instructions as underneath. They will help you to dispose of SourceAdd.app completely. It would be ideal if you check them.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with SourceAdd.app or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with SourceAdd.app, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with SourceAdd.app or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with SourceAdd.app or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with SourceAdd.app or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with SourceAdd.app, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.