DataQuest is a newly identified malware that roots in Windows machines to cause poor performance and brings risks to users’ privacy. It is usually silently installed codes on porn web sites, contaminated multimedia downloads, spam emails, and malicious links. DataQuest is also connected with Adware and web browser hijacker which can modify the default settings of your web browser to redirect you to random malicious websites. By staying on your system, DataQuest weakens your PC’s security seriously and make lots of troubles to you. It overly uses CPU to cause system crash and other malfunctoins. Besides, DataQuest can facilitate spyware to attack your PC and steal your information to the hackers. In short, DataQuest is definitely risk to your PC, in order to ensure the security of you computer, it’s highly recommended to remove them as quickly as you can.
Troubles Made by DataQuest
1. It comes bundled with other viruses
2. It incredibly slows down your system performance.
3. It can display annoying pop-up advertisements on your screen
4. It may hijack Web browsers, Web links, or cause redirect problems
5. Computers infected by It run like out of control
6. It reveals to hackers your financial details
7. It corrupts windows registry
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process run by DataQuest or malware.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with DataQuest, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related withDataQuest or malware
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with DataQuest or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with DataQuest or malware.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with DataQuest, please check the tips below.
Step 4. Download Combo Clean Antivirus to Diagnose your mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.