How Harmful the Mac Fake Flash Player Update Is?
Mac Fake Flash Player Update is tagged as redirect virus and phishing website created to scam PC users. If you are redirected to Mac Fake Flash Player Update popup page when opening websites, searching on Google or clicking links on webpage, your PC must have been invaded by Adware or Rogueware. You may install potentially unwanted programs without knowledge if you do not pay attention to the pre-checked options while installing free programs. Such embeded applications are often developed to make quick money through presenting deceptive ads and popups to the victims.
Malicious codes are injected on your web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, and many ad-supported or spyware-related toolbar / extensions will be added silently. In consequence, you will be always warned with fake message like “Outdated Java Plugin Detected ” , “Your Java Version is Outdated, Have Security Risks, and Please Update Now!”, “Your Video Player might be outdated”, “Your Flash Player might be outdated”, “An Update for Your Browser is Available”, “You are currently browsing the web with Google Chrome / Firefox / Safari and it is recommended that you update your video player to the fastest version available. Please update to continue.”
All these popups from Mac Fake Flash Player Update are trap designed by cyber criminal, if you trust it and click any link on the popups, some harmful executable files will be downloaded to install Adware, Spyware, Rogue Antispyware and malware, which not only trigger severe system problems on your computer, but also force you to pay money to their developers. The worst thing is that hacker behind the Mac Fake Flash Player Update is able to track all your activities on your system and collect your sensitive information like IP address, location, Email address, Phone number, most visited websites and search queries. If your PC has been infected by Mac Fake Flash Player Update, do not click any link on it, just close its popup and get started to remove it timely.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with Mac Fake Flash Player Update or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with Mac Fake Flash Player Update, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with Mac Fake Flash Player Update or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with Mac Fake Flash Player Update or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with Mac Fake Flash Player Update or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with Mac Fake Flash Player Update, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.