Searchpage is a very stubborn search engine which may happen on the Mac and Windows OS naturally. All these go well without blocking. Normally, users will wonder where does the homepage goes. We are sorry to tell you that your homepage is changed to this one, and your browsers have been hijacker. Thus, you can speculate that Searchpage is a browser hijacker, and few things can stop its infection.
Why does Searchpage prefer to be a searching engine? It is obvious that it wants to redirect your web traffic and then it can get more commission from the websites. For instance, when users are inputting something on the searching box and are eager to get results, it will turn you to a page full of such key words as other engine does. If you are prudent enough, you will find some of them are weird. When you click on these sites, you are linked to the websites it appointed, which may contain virus or malware.
Searchpage associated spyware can also monitor the data going on your browsers. Some users will think that it is safe because there is encryption lock when they make payment on the browsers. But they neglect the truth that it has the power to decrypt and copy the key information in the same time. So it happens for reasons if you find that your accounts are stolen.
In the end, Searchpage should be removed immediately. If not, you will lose a lot for it. Here are some removal guides for your reference. Please check them.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with Searchpage or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with Searchpage, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with Searchpage or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with Searchpage or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with Searchpage or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with Searchpage, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.