SaveFrom.net is classified as nasty redirect virus that hijacks web browser. It is connected with potentially unwanted program (PUP / Adawre) which exposes the users to endless commercial advertisements and spam popups which may make them lose money. SaveFrom.net has many different distribution ways. According to our research, it is primarily spread through free applications shared by some questionable third party file-sharing websites. For instance, after you run the installer for a free media converter, you may offer chances for unreliable and unwanted programs or even malware such as SaveFrom.net invade your system.
It is confirmed that SaveFrom.net is used to deliver ads and collect users’ data and information to benefit third party merchants. As soon as being installed, SaveFrom.net starts to make trouble on your system. It makes changes on settings of your Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge or IE and installs ad-supported extensions without permission. Since that moment, your online surfing will become so difficult: coupons and deals flood almost every website, spam alerts pop up constantly, search engine are redirected to other unwanted engines ceaselessly, Internet become sluggish, and so on.
More dangerous, SaveFrom.net can help remote infections attack your system and open backdoor for remote hackers. That means cyber criminal can put any threat in your system or even remotely enter your system do anything they want to do, such as encrypting your files or stealing your sensitive information. Therefore, we advise all victims get rid of SaveFrom.net and related infections as quickly as possible. In case you have any trouble in the removal process, follow the guide below made by our professional PC experts:
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with SaveFrom.net or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with SaveFrom.net, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with SaveFrom.net or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with SaveFrom.net or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with SaveFrom.net or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with SaveFrom.net, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.