vpncheckyou.com can be considered as a phishing alert since it aims at cheating users’ money with scam. This scam is simple, but it is attempting. Few of users can find out the true nature of this item because it does always pretend to be a system helper. Users always expect it to provide valuable information, so that they will not remove it and they may not even consider its harmful effects.
vpncheckyou.com will send numerous data analysis report to users to alert that their PC is suffering serious problems. And then it naturally recommends users to call their technicians for help. When users call it, they are informed that their PC is close to death. If they don’t buy their service, all these files will be gone. This damage is irreversible. Thus, users are threatened to agree its terms and conditions.
Then, how does vpncheckyou.com come inside your PC? It has long been a question for many users as they will never admit such malicious applications to enter their PC. In fact, it comes form another tricks. When users receive a spam emails and open the attachment, they get chance getting it; when they visit a suspicious websites, vpncheckyou.com will soon get in; even when they update their applications, they may be led by tricky links and have it on their PC .
In conclusion, it is impossible for innocent users to prevent it tightly outside the PC. Therefore, we here provide you with instructions to remove vpncheckyou.com. Please check them.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with vpncheckyou.com or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with vpncheckyou.com, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with vpncheckyou.com or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with vpncheckyou.com or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with vpncheckyou.com or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with vpncheckyou.com, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.