Research Report on QuestSearch Virus
QuestSearch seems to be a nice search provider for you and it will appear to be help you to search what you want. But if you really trust its bullshit, it will badly hurt your feeling later. Some users once believe it and let it conduct freely on their pc, and then they should restart their operating system and also they face huge amounts of financial lose. How does this happen? Please read following article.
QuestSearch is called browser hijacker and it sure has the ability to hijack your browsers. It is not occasional for its presence for it indicates that there have been lots of virus or malware rampant here on your pc. As you know, QuestSearch is produced by adware or spyware, which are not ever kind to any system.
QuestSearch could screen all the information and data going on your browser. Now even you could not recall what you have carried on your browsers, you could know it may contain thousands of important privacy, such as the accounts and passwords when you contact your friends, the credit card information which is used to make the payment, and so on. All these will help QuestSearch to make a profit.
You should eliminate QuestSearch immediately as we believed. And here we provide some typical removal guides. Please follow them.
Common Symptoms of QuestSearch
1. It constantly redirects your browser to unsafe websites
2. Your home page will be replaced with unwanted one.
3. It installs more malware which display endless pop-up advertisements
4. It brings you with terrible system performance
5. It also helps phishing websites to earn money from you with misleading popup ads
6. Your private information will be endangered by QuestSearch associated Spyware
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process run by QuestSearch or malware.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with QuestSearch, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related withQuestSearch or malware
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with QuestSearch or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with QuestSearch or malware.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with QuestSearch, please check the tips below.
Step 4. Download Combo Clean Antivirus to Diagnose your mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.