Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up
Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up is a new scam tech support website making money by displaying phony AppleCare Security Alert to swindle computer users. It has ability to hijack common web browsers including Safari, Chromeand Firefox with assistance of free programs installer. For example, when you download a free media player from third party file-sharing website, you will need to install it via installer that contains various adware or other infections such as Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up.
Thus at the moment the freeware is installed, many threats come into your system without your knowledge. Since then, you have to suffer from the security risks and system problems caused by Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up and related threats.
Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up almost makes your browser can’t used. since it will pop up to lock the browser when you click links, open websites or search Google. Meanwhile, it installs ad-supported extension or plugin on the infected browser to display more commercial ads and scam pages, which not only slow down your Internet but also crash down the browser. Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up cheats you with fake virus warnings to convince you to call its hotline to get support, which actually fake service from cyber criminal. They will swindle you into purchasing expensive tech service and then they will remotely connect your PC to solve your nonexistent system problems, and the remote assistance will give more chances for them to harm your system. Worse still, Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up steals your system data and sensitive information to facilitate hacker’s online fraud activities. Before worse things start to happen, you should get rid of Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up redirect virus as quickly as possible, now follow steps below to save your PC:
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with Mac OS X is infected (4) by viruses Pop-up, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.