What is ProdigySearch 1.0?
ProdigySearch 1.0 is an annoying adware which attacks target computers with help of free software. Once your computer has been compromised by ProdigySearch 1.0, you will be interrupted by constant ads and you will suffer terrible computer speed. From research, we find that the threat consumes a huge number of CPU and system resources. It takes you much time to start- up your computer or open websites. Some of programs can be destroyed by ProdigySearch 1.0, you are not able to run them normally. Every time when you visit websites, tons of ads will flood into your browsers without your permission.
ProdigySearch 1.0 is also caused by remote hijackers who attempt to make money by making illegal things on targeted computers. As soon as coming into your computer, it has the ability to modify original settings in the background. ProdigySearch 1.0 removes important files and registries without letting you known. A great number of malicious codes and potentially unwanted components will be downloaded by ProdigySearch 1.0.
What is worse, ProdigySearch 1.0 has closed relations with remote hackers. The nasty adware will collect your browsing experience silently. In this case, what you do on your computer will be exposed to third party. Your personal information like IP address and credit card number and password, as well as email address will be stolen. In order to protect your computer from being damaged by ProdigySearch 1.0 and other infections, you should remove ProdigySearch 1.0 from your computer quickly.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with ProdigySearch 1.0 or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with ProdigySearch 1.0, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with ProdigySearch 1.0 or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with ProdigySearch 1.0 or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with ProdigySearch 1.0 or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with ProdigySearch 1.0, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.