When you find your homepage are replaced by search.adjustablesample.com, you have big troubles. search.adjustablesample.com will become the only search engine on your PC. No matter what browsers you are using right now, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari, it is the only search engine and you could not change it. If you want to know more about search.adjustablesample.com and how to get rid of it, please go on reading.
search.adjustablesample.com will appear as a search engine and persuade you to use it. In the same time, it will also set barriers for you when you want to change the original search page back. If you input what you want in the search box and then click “search”, it will link you to a list of results as any other search engine does, while the top results are generally fake. The links here connect you to malicious sites with fake titles and content. These sites will bring in virus and other items for you.
By the way, search.adjustablesample.com is made by adware which focus on displaying ads on your PC. Therefore, it is inevitable for the page of search.adjustablesample.com enabling ads by adware everywhere. It is good for you to delete search.adjustablesample.com and its maker from your PC totally. Here are some guides produced by our IT teams which will serve as a direction for you.
What are the malicious traits about search.adjustablesample.com?
1. It makes changes on settings of your browsers with force.
2. It connects remote server to download malware which weakens the PC performance
3. It causes high usage of bandwidth which causes slow Internet speed
4. It injects nasty addon to captures your online activities and collect your information.
5. It may even assist remote attacker to invade your online accounts
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process run by search.adjustablesample.com or malware.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with search.adjustablesample.com, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related withsearch.adjustablesample.com or malware
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with search.adjustablesample.com or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with search.adjustablesample.com or malware.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with search.adjustablesample.com, please check the tips below.
Step 4. Download Combo Clean Antivirus to Diagnose your mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.