Research Report on ResultsPrepender Virus
When ResultsPrepender entered into your PC, it will take a back seat on your browsers as a browser extension or plugin so that users will neglect it and let it be free here. And then, it will make ads about discounts, coupons, debates or some favorable terms for shopping online, so users will see it as useful and beneficial rather than malicious. However, don’t rush to decide to keep it on your PC and we could promise you that ResultsPrepender is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), and it will never help you at all. On the contrary, it will be the source for the damage of your PC later.
First of all, ResultsPrepender is an ad-supported application, so it will fill your screen with thousands of ads. These ads may have no harm itself and it is okay for them to go everywhere on your PC. But it is dangerous if users cannot stand with the temptation and open the links. It is a Pandora’s Box, and nothing can stop it.
What will happen later if you click on the ads by ResultsPrepender? Usually, you will be led to the websites which are nothing to do with the title. And they has the ability to send you virus and make you download several redundant freeware on your PC. They will finally screw everything here.
It is time to take actions to get ResultsPrepender away from your PC. But it is capable of preventing the normal application. So please follow the instructions here and we believe they will help a lot.
Consequence of Having ResultsPrepender
- It messes up your computer by changing or deleting key files in Registry
- It keeps introducing more threats to harm your system
- It activates Spyware which violates your financial information
- It injects nasty extension or toolbar to hijack your web browser
- It is used to make money for online scammers by showing spam ads
- It even helps hacker enter your PC via backdoor it opens
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process run by ResultsPrepender or malware.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with ResultsPrepender, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related withResultsPrepender or malware
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with ResultsPrepender or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with ResultsPrepender or malware.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with ResultsPrepender, please check the tips below.
Step 4. Download Combo Clean Antivirus to Diagnose your mac
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.