Plus Special is a advertising program which will release many kinds of ads to disturb you. Why does it exist on your PC since you have no idea when have you got this inside. In fact, it comes in with reasons. If you are a experienced, you must have experience that dark websites directly open themselves on the PC. You will quickly close this box or the pages, but it is too late because Plus Special have made itself installed just in a while. It is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and that is how it does come infect your PC.
Plus Special is able to assist other unreliable items like itself to get inside your PC, such as freeware, shareware, browser hijacker, or virus. Then, it involves the ads. As you know, the ads are the priority weapons for adware. It will try hard to display ads with the topics to your liking. Each advertisement shows with yummy titles but a link to the dark websites as mentioned before. In this way, other virus gets infected your PC.
They will also help themselves well. The browser hijacker will control the browsers to help Plus Special adware to promote its ads, and the adware will share the commission with it. Then, the Trojan will weaken the protections here and virus can infect everywhere on the PC.
So here comes another issue for the user. If you want to remove Plus Special, you should get rid of the control of all these items. So we pride you the guidelines to remove all together. Please check them.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process run by Plus Special or malware.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with Plus Special, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related withPlus Special or malware
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with Plus Special or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with Plus Special or malware.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with Plus Special, please check the tips below.
Step 4. Download Combo Clean Antivirus to Diagnose your mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.