Research Report on General Launch Virus
General Launch is an application seem like a good one. But it is not true, and it is just an ad supported app. General Launch is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), and we will disclose more things about it for you in the following text.
General Launch is very excellent at displaying ads with fake content which is temporally made up. Its designer has programmed a rootkit which can soon produce some ads with the information you like. For example, when you do search “macbook air” online, it will quickly set this key word in the models it has, and then produced many ads like that. Even you don’t want to click on then, you may be confused with them.
The ads created by this adware are generally titled with “Ads by General Launch”, “General Launch”, “brought by General Launch” or “powered by General Launch”, it can easily be recognized. But it is not the whole story. The ads are not the only harm it displayed. It would also weaken the system protection and then let the virus in without barrier or warning. That is why people say that adware is more dangerous than that of virus.
If you have no idea how to stop this, you could check the guides as below. They will help you to eliminate General Launch totally. Please check them.
General Launch is Dangerous
1. General Launch takes over your Internet browsers
2. It drops PUP which keep displaying unwanted pop up ads.
3. It installs more malware to ruin your system
4. It may open up system backdoors for hackers and let them enter your PC
5. Your privacy will be violated by Spyware come along with General Launch.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process run by General Launch or malware.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with General Launch, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related withGeneral Launch or malware
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with General Launch or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with General Launch or malware.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with General Launch, please check the tips below.
Step 4. Download Combo Clean Antivirus to Diagnose your mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.