Informationvine virus Description
Recently, Informationvine virus has become a big nuisance for lots of PC users. It has been deemed as malicious browser hijacker which specializes in plundering visitor volume from other legit websites via redirecting people’s search results of Google or Bing or other search engine on browsers like Safari, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer to the domain Informationvine.com. With such an immoral way, the owner behind this malicious domain benefits a lot. Some computer amateur take Informationvine virus as legit search engine when weirdly redirected to its page, since they don’t observe the details that reflect the evil nature of the domain. In fact, we can easily confirm that this site is a fake search engine via observing its rough website interface, in which you only see a blank page with a search box. Moreover, when you try to search targets via its search box, you will find that the results it provides are hardly related your target. What it provides are only some suspicious links used for advertising of certain products of its sponsors. From all the details above, we can determine that Informationvine virus is just a browser hijacker disguises as a search engine.
Most of the victims may have no idea and feel confused about how their computer get entangled by Informationvine virus, since they always follow the rules and behave well on Internet. In fact, there are so many online traps set by cyber criminal, such as the hacked websites, free download but malicious programs, and spam email. When users get access to these resources, this nasty pest can lurk into their computer at a flash. To ensure the security of you computer, it’s highly recommended to remove Informationvine virus with as quickly as you can.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with Informationvine or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with Informationvine, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with Informationvine or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with Informationvine or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with Informationvine or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with Informationvine, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.