Hide My Searches
Hide My Searches shows up on your web browser as a search page generally, and it can change your browser settings, for example, default homepage and web search engine without your authorization. Generally, when you discover this change, it has completed all the arrangements. What’s more, when you need to change it back, it can’t be adjusted back because all the settings are under its control. For this situation, we call Hide My Searches as a browser hijacker.
In general, this search page is not a safe domain in any case. When you use Hide My Searches, you will discover the outcomes it swings to are from Google, which implies that it is not even a proficient searcher. Furthermore, it will put its own links on the highest priority on the rundown, so users tend to open the links first. these connections are fake. They will either lead you to some suspicious locales which contains virus initially, or divert you to download freeware or shareware that may be essentially noxious to your PC, but rather will possess your asset and decimate everything on it.
For this situation, Hide My Searches is able to monitor the activities on the browsers. so it knows what will you like or not so it can pick up the content that will attract your attentions. It does this for deceiving your money. Thus, we have reason to suggest you to get rid of Hide My Searches from your system. Here we will provide some guides to assist you. If you have any idea about this, please contact and share with us.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with Hide My Searches or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with Hide My Searches, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with Hide My Searches or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with Hide My Searches or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with Hide My Searches or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with Hide My Searches, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.