About Esmo.pro pop-up
Esmo.pro pop-up has been deemed as browser hijacker for the annoying redirection problem it causes on users’ Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and other web browsers. Due to invasion of Esmo.pro pop-up, you will have terrible experience while surfing the Internet. It can be triggered when you click on links, open new pages or search things, thus most of your activities online will be interrupted by Esmo.pro pop-up. It is created to redirect people to its sites so that it can both increase web traffic as well as getting profits from the visitors. You will get random phony messages telling you that you won a prize or some of your apps needed to be updated, which are used to collect your personal information or install malware on your system. Therefore, do not click any thing or download anything when Esmo.pro pop-up takes you to phishing websites.
You may wonder how did Esmo.pro pop-up and related adware enter your system. According research made by our team, it can sneak into your system when you install freeware and open attachments of spam emails. With the incursion of Esmo.pro pop-up, you system may also been infected with various threats such as Spyware, Trojan and even the worst ransomware. These threats not only cause poor system performance on your system, but also put your personal files and privacy at danger. For instance, once a file encrypting ransomware is downloaded by Esmo.pro pop-up and related threat, your personal files will be locked and you will be force to pay over 500$ to the hacker for decrypting your files. If you do not want to suffer from these severe things, take action to get rid of all the infections now. Our removal guide will assist you if cannot finish it by yourself.
Esmo.pro pop-up Removal Steps (Windows OS)
If you’re a Mac user facing virus related problems, please check this guide >> Remove Adware, Search Hijacker or PUA from Mac
NOTE – Please bookmark this page first, because some steps will require you to restart your web browser or computer.
Quick Menu For Manual Removal Steps:
Manually remove stubborn computer threats such as Esmo.pro pop-up may take hours and you may make mistakes that damage PC. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Aniti-malware to scan for Esmo.pro pop-up and related malware. This avoids risks and may cut down your time to minutes.
SpyHunter Anti-malware is suitable for all versions of Windows OS. It is a professional PC protection tool able to detect and remove computer threats, including but not limited to Adware, Search Hijacker, Redirect Virus, Scam Pop-up Ads, Trojan horse, Malware and Ransomware.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys)
1. Hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time to open Windows Task Manager:
2. Find suspicious process that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up, and then right-click on it and click End Process or End Task.
Click the Chrome menu button >> Click Tools >> Select Extensions:
Find extension that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up or potential threat >> Click the trash can icon to delete them.
Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel >> find extension that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up or potential threat >> Click Remove button.
On Internet Explorer
Open the IE, click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
Choose Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window >> Find extension that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up or potential threat>> Click Disable button
On Microsoft Edge
Esmo.pro pop-up or potential threat help search / homepage hijacker and redirect virus infect your Edge browser. You need to check Settings of Edge to see if it has been hijacked:
1. Change your default search engine to Google or Bing if it is replaced by unwanted search engine:
- Run Edge browser >> Click More (…) button at the right of the address bar >> choose Settings;
- – Click View advanced settings button
- Click Change search engine button under “Search in the address bar with”:
- You can see several famous search engine in the list >> choose Google or Bing and click Set as default
2. Change your homepage on Microsoft Edge if it is hijacked by redirect infection:
- Open Edge browser, click More (…) button on the top-right corner, then choose Settings
- Under Open with list, select A specific page or pages, then you can set Bing or MSN as default homepage.
- And you can also select “Custom” option and input your favorite website address :
If an unwanted extensions or search engine cannot be removed manually, it may be associated with malicious programs. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Ani-malware and see if it will find malware for you:
On Win 10
Uninstall programs that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up from Windows 10
– Click Start button >> Click Settings
– Click on System
– Click on Apps & features >> Select programs that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up or potential threat and click Uninstall.
On Win 8 / 8.1
Uninstall programs that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up from Windows 8 / 8.1
(Win 8) Move your mouse cursor to the bottom-left corner of your Win 8 screen and wait for a sec to let the Start button shows up >> Right click on it to open Start Context Menu:
(Win 8.1) Open the Start Context Menu by clicking the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen:
– Choose Programs and Features in the menu >> Select programs that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up and click Uninstall:
On Win 7/Vista/XP
Uninstall Esmo.pro pop-up from Win 7 / Vista / XP:
– Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu >> Click Control Panel
– In Control Panel, select View by Category >> Click Uninstall a program button :
– Choose programs that may be related with Esmo.pro pop-up and click Uninstall:
If an unwanted program cannot be removed from Control Panel manually, you may need to find and delete all files and folders related with it. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Ani-malware and see if it will detect files of malware for you:
1. Hit Windows + R keys at the same time to open Run window and input a regedit and click OK:
2. In the Registry Editor, hit Windows key + F key at the same time to open Find window → Enter virus or malware name → Press Enter key to start search.
3. When the search is completed, right click the folders related with Esmo.pro pop-up and click Delete button:
|Please Read This Before You Remove Registry Files
PLEASE Be Carefully, Do Not Delete Healthy Registry Entries, That May Damage Your Computer.
If you are not able to determine which regsitry files are related with infection, we recommend downloading SpyHunter’s Malware Scanner and see if it will find files of Esmo.pro pop-up for you:
– Once SpyHunter is installed, click Start Scan Now and wait for a few minutes to scan for malicious files of threats:
– To use Spyhuner 5 remove the detected threats, you will need to Register its full version.
Good Tips for Computer Security and Performance
|How to Prevent Virus and Malware?|
|– Update your computer all the time.
Remember to install automatic system update when your receive update notification, these updates can avoid system bugs so that computer infections cannot sneak into easily.
– Avoid installing third party free software.
Third party free software is the most common way used by virus maker to spread computer threats. It usually may silently install or download unwanted items to harm your system. If you have to install such freeware, remember to select Custom or Advanced installation and check all details in the process.
– Avoid clicking uncertain links on websites or suspicious emails.
Links, ads and emails are another way for malware distribution. When you click on suspicious pop-ups ads or links from unsafe websites and spam email, various threats can be activated to harm your system.
– Install professional anti-virus and anti-malware and keep firewall on.
– The most important way to protect computer is to equip it with professional security software. We recommend you to install antivirus such as Shield Antivirus (Windows OS), Mac Antivirus (Mac OS) and anti-malware such as SpyHunter (Windows OS), WiperSoft (Windows OS), Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac OS), and MacBooster (Mac OS).
|How to Optimize and Speed-up Computer?|
|1. Uninstall programs which you never use or rarely use;
2. Use Disk Defragmenter every 2 month to free some space;
3. Disable or limit unnecessary Startup Programs;
4. Delete junks such as temp files once a week.