Ntcache.exe is another new member of the Trojan virus family, which is infecting thousands of Windows machines everyday. Ntcache.exe secretly enters your PC via ways like porn websites, fake software updates, free download apps, and spam emails. The invading of Ntcache.exe trojan can lead to destructive consequence on your system. It will be activated along with launching of your PC, after that, it runs several dangerous tasks at the background to cause over consumption of CPU (May up to 95% -100% usage), and this will make entire system run slowly and trigger random system crash. However, these are just the basic problems caused by Ntcache.exe. It will mess up your Registry and other crucial parts of your machine, resulting into disconnection of Internet and malfunction of programs. For instance, when you try to surf the Internet with web browser, or run a program, random error will occur and tell you that the program cannot be run due to Dnsapi.dll is not found or missing of other files.
Though Ntcache.exe blocks your Internet access, it does not mean that the virus itself cannot connect the Internet. It will build a connection with remote server to help more threats attack your system and cause more security exploits, which can be used by hacker to hack your accounts and steal your information. If you do not want to sustain more troubles, you need to delete Ntcache.exe virus immediately to recover the healthy status of your system. Removal of Win32/Patched virus is quite a difficult task, we recommend you to follow the removal steps below:
How to Remove / Uninstall ntcache.exe from Computer?
After testing many solutions, our tech team confirm that the safest, easiest and fastest method to delete ntcache.exe completely is to use professional computer security software, which not only saves your time but also avoid risks of removing system core files by mistake. Therefore, we first recommend you to have a try a the automatic removal solution here:
Note – When ntcache.exe infects your computer, there may be numerous infections getting into your machine at the same time. These virus and malware will mess up entire system, therefore we recommend all users to download professional computer security software to remove all threats safely and quickly once for all. Have a try on the recommended tools now:
How to Delete ntcache.exe from Computer with Manual Removal Solution?
In case you do not want to download the above software to try, we also provide you with a manual removal solution here.
Important Note – Manual removal will require users to delete malicious items in Registry, which is crucial to entire system and users cannot make any mistake. If you are not an computer expert with rich experience and good knowledge and skill on removing virus manually, please skip the manual steps, and download the Automatic Removal Tools above to clean up your computer safely.
Steps for Removing ntcache.exe from Computer Manually
NOTE – Please bookmark this page first, because some steps will require you to restart your web browser or computer.
Here is the Quick Menu of the Manual Removal Steps:
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys)
On Mac OS
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out the ntcache.exe or other unsafe process and Click the “Force Quit” button
On Windows OS
1. Hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time to open Windows Task Manager:
2. Select ntcache.exe process or suspicious process which occupies high CPU, and then click End Process:
Step 2. Uninstall ntcache.exe or other adware extensions from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge browser.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select ntcache.exe and other malicious extensions from the list.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete ntcache.exe and other malware extensions.
Click the Chrome menu button >> Click Tools >> Select Extensions:
Find ntcache.exe extension and associated adware extension >> Click the trash can icon to delete them.
Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel >> find ntcache.exe extension and similar adware extension >> Click Remove button.
On Internet Explorer
Open the IE, click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
Choose Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window >> select ntcache.exe extension and connected extension >> Click Disable button
On Microsoft Edge
ntcache.exe cannot install malicious extensions on Edge, but it can help search / homepage hijacker and redirect virus infect your Edge browser. Remove ntcache.exe and connected hijacker with the procedure below:
1. Change your default search engine to Google or Bing if it is replaced by unwanted search engine:
- Run Edge browser >> Click More (…) button at the right of the address bar >> choose Settings;
- – Click View advanced settings button
- Click Change search engine button under “Search in the address bar with”:
- You can see several famous search engine in the list >> choose Google or Bing and click Set as default
2. Change your homepage on Microsoft Edge if it is hijacked by redirect infection:
- Open Edge browser, click More (…) button on the top-right corner, then choose Settings
- Under Open with list, select A specific page or pages, then you can set Bing or MSN as default homepage.
- And you can also select “Custom” option and input your favorite website address :
On Win 10
Uninstall ntcache.exe from Windows 10
– Click Start button >> Click Settings
– Click on System
– Click on Apps & features >> Select ntcache.exe or other unwanted programs and click Uninstall.
On Win 8 / 8.1
Uninstall ntcache.exe from Windows 8 / 8.1
(Win 8) Move your mouse cursor to the bottom-left corner of your Win 8 screen and wait for a sec to let the Start button shows up >> Right click on it to open Start Context Menu:
(Win 8.1) Open the Start Context Menu by clicking the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen:
– Choose Programs and Features in the menu >> Select ntcache.exe and unwanted apps and click Uninstall:
On Win 7/Vista/XP
Uninstall ntcache.exe from Win 7 / Vista / XP:
– Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu >> Click Control Panel
– In Control Panel, select View by Category >> Click Uninstall a program button :
– Choose ntcache.exe and other harmful apps and click Uninstall:
On Mac OS
Uninstall ntcache.exe from Mac OS X
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of ntcache.exes and other suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
(This step is only for Windows OS User, Mac OS User do not need to execute this step)
1. Hit Windows + R keys at the same time to open Run window and input a regedit and click OK:
2. In the Registry Editor, hit Windows key + F key at the same time to open Find window → Enter virus or malware name → Press Enter key to start search.
3. When the search is completed, right click the folders related with ntcache.exe and click Delete button:
|Attention ! Read This Before You Remove the Suspicious Registry Files
To identify whether the detected registry files are malicious or not, it requires professional computer knowledge and rich experience. Many system files may be renamed by ntcache.exe and other malware, BUT they may be safe files. That means you may delete some important registry files if you are a computer specialist. To avoid causing more severe problems, we recommend you to download a professional anti-malware tool to detect and remove all dangerous registry files safely and easily:
Friendly Reminder : Manual Removal is too difficult, completed and risky for most of computer users, we always advice user to choose the Automatic Removal Solution. Please check the quick and detailed steps for ntcache.exe removal below:
QUICK MENU For ntcache.exe Automatic Removal
1. Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware by Clicking the button here:Download SpyHunter Anti-malware Now
2. Double-click SpyHunter-Installer and follow its instructions to install it step by step:
3. Start New Scan with SpyHunter and wait for a few minutes to let it diagnose your system:
4. Click FIX ALL THREATS button to clean up all virus and malware:
1. Download PlumBytes by clicking button below:Download WiperSoft Anti-Malware
2. Double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follows setup instructions to install it:
3. Start a new scan with PlumBytes and wait a few mins for the scan results:
4. Removal all detected malicious items by clicking REMOVE SELECTED your computer:
1. Download MacKeeper by clicking button here:
2. Run MacKeeper installer to install it and use the its tools to clean up your mac:
– Use Smart Uninstaller to uninstall ntcache.exe and suspicious app
– Use Internet Security to diagnose entire Mac and removal all detected items:
1. Download MacBoster by clicking the button here:
2. Double-click “MacBooster installer” to install it and use its tools to clean up system:
– Use Uninstaller to complete remove all suspicious and unwanted software:
– Use Virus & Malware Scan to diagnose system and remove all malicious items detected:
– Use System Junk to delete all system junks and optimize system:
Good Tips for Computer Security and Performance
|How to Prevent Virus and Malware?|
|– Update your computer all the time.
Remember to install automatic system update when your receive update notification, these updates can avoid system bugs so that computer infections cannot sneak into easily.
– Avoid installing third party free software.
Third party free software is the most common way used by virus maker to spread computer threats. It usually may silently install or download unwanted items to harm your system. If you have to install such freeware, remember to select Custom or Advanced installation and check all details in the process.
– Avoid clicking uncertain links on websites or suspicious emails.
Links, ads and emails are another way for malware distribution. When you click on suspicious pop-ups ads or links from unsafe websites and spam email, various threats can be activated to harm your system.
– Install professional anti-virus and anti-malware and keep firewall on.
– The most important way to protect computer is to equip it with professional security software. We recommend you to install antivirus such as Shield Antivirus (Windows OS), Mac Antivirus (Mac OS) and anti-malware such as SpyHunter (Windows OS), PlumBytes (Windows OS), MacKeeper (Mac OS), and MacBooster (Mac OS).
|How to Optimize and Speed-up Computer?|
|1. Uninstall programs which you never use or rarely use;
2. Use Disk Defragmenter every 2 month to free some space;
3. Disable or limit unnecessary Startup Programs;
4. Delete junks such as temp files once a week.
Note – If you do not know how to execute the optimization steps above, here is a easy option for you : Download Top-Rated Computer Optimization Tools to speed up system quickly: