What is “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up?
“Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up is an harmful virus alert made to scam users. It appears on your web browser once your Chrome/Safari/Firefox has been injected with ad-supported addon or extension deemed as adware. Usually, when you try to open regular websites, “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up automatically pops up and brings you to its spam page that displays fake warning. Meanwhile, the page scare you about how your computer has been infected and damaged, so as to make you believe what it alerts. The purpose of this redirect virus is to swindle you into purchasing some spam and extensive tech support via the phone number it provides. The spammer behinds that number may require to access to your computer remotely to let them fix your pc, and this may lead to severe results because you cannot control what they will do on your computer. Therefore, do not trust the “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up, and never call the spam phone number.
The way that the adware related with “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up infects your computer is the free software. Large parts of adware or PUPs are spread via free software, they have a partnership with the software provider and they are all embedded on the installation files. When you setup a free program with Typical install, various adware can be added to your computer and change your browser setting or DNS settings, then you will have to suffer redirect issue such as “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up. To solve the issue, you need to uninstall related programs from Control Panel, delete harmful extension from web browser, and remove all malicious files manually or safely. The steps below can guide you to delete the threat with manual method and automatic method, take action to eliminate “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up now:
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with “Your Mac OS Might Be Infected” pop-up, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.