Research Report on Formal Search Virus
Formal Search is obviously a rogue search engine, because it appears on users’ web browser without permission. After we tested this website, we can promise you that it is a browser hijacker and it has the ability to take control over your browsers, including Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox .
You should not expect Formal Search will really link you to the formal searching results because it is a browser hijacker. It is easily judged because it will first change your browser homepage and search engine with its own addresses. Even you find it, you could not really get rid of it because it has hijacked your browsers and control all your settings. And it is not easy for you to remove its restriction.
How does Formal Search happen on your browser? It can get inside by several means, such as spam email, porn websites, fake links, and so on. For example, some of the updated links will pop up and remind you some of your applications required to be updated. Links to new version are attached. When you click on them, you will directly get malware with this version. And then, Formal Search get inside.
Therefore, you need to get rid of Formal Search immediately. As you could not easily get which malware is the source of it, you should follow instructions here. Please check it.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with Formal Search or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with Formal Search, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with Formal Search or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with Formal Search or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with Formal Search or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with Formal Search, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.