When users encounters a virus alert such as 0fficial.info, which looks like system report from Apple Care, it is easy to make them worried and then follow the messages to use deceptive tools to scan system.
In fact, the so called Mac Cleaner or antivirus from 0fficial.info is a fake and its purpose is to swindle users to buy their tech support. 0fficial.info is no doubt another online scam and we recommend you to remove it and related threats from your PC quickly, let alone to follow the content here. Before getting infected with 0fficial.info, many users are confident that they could resist the attempting from this popup and just ignoring it will save them lots of effort. But this is not true, because it is more aggressive than they thought.
0fficial.info appears to freeze the whole screen and force the users to read its content. If not, they cannot continue their operations. So when they read it, they will attracted by its warning content which reports a very serious issues on their pcs for them. With these issues on the PC, they will fail to keep everything here safe. Then, they surrender to believe in the bullshit on this popup.
When they call the phone number, they will soon fall into the traps. If users pay for their services, they will not only lose their identities, as well as their PC authorities. Here, we will insist that you should remove all malware related with 0fficial.info. If you don’t want to be cheated like this, please follow the instructions in the below which will not only help you to get rid of this popup and also help you to maintain your PC from then on.
(NOTE – Remember to Bookmark This Page First by Hitting Ctrl + D Keys, in case that some steps require you to exit this page.)
Step 1. End malicious process that may be related with 0fficial.info or similar threats.
1. Press Command+Option+Escape buttons together to open Force Quit tool:
2. Choose Force Quick tool, and then find out suspicious process and Click the “Force Quit” button
If you cannot find or remove process that may be related with 0fficial.info, please read next step.
Step 2. Uninstall extensions that may be related with 0fficial.info or similar threats.
1. Click Safari menu, then select Preferences:
2. Click Extensions tab, and then select extension that may be related with threat.
3. Click the Uninstall button to delete the extension.
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> Select More Tools >> Select Extensions:
2. Determine the extension that may be related with infection, and click Trash icon to delete it:
If you cannot find or remove extension that may be related with 0fficial.info or similar threats, please read next step.
Step 3. Uninstall Apps that may be related with 0fficial.info or similar threats.
Open a Finder window >> Go to Applications >> Select the icons of suspicious apps, click Move to Trash, and Empty the Trash once you’re done.
If you cannot find or remove the malicious app that may be related with 0fficial.info, please check the tips below.
Good Tips – Check Security Status of Your Whole Mac
- If the above steps do not solve your issues, we recommend using a professional Mac anti-virus (Combo Cleaner) to scan your whole Mac OS. In most cases, if a Mac threat or unwanted item cannot be uninstalled manually, it is possibly related with malicious programs or potential threats hiding on the infected Mac. Therefore, we suggest that you should check the security status of Mac and see if there is any potentials risks or threats.
Combo Cleaner is an effective anti-virus and system optimizer software for Mac operating systems that are compatible with Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra frameworks. Its powerful anti-virus engine is capable of detecting and removing cyber threats like malware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. If you would like to give it a try, download it below:
1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus by clicking button here:
(The below link will open Combo Cleaner ’s official website for you. Please come back to this page after you download Combo Cleaner .)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now (Mac OS)
2. Run Combo Cleaner Antivirus installer to install it and use the its tools to diagnose your Mac:
– In case you cannot uninstall some unwanted apps manually, you can try the app Uninstaller and see if it will help.
– In case you cannot remove an unwanted extension or third party search engine from web browser, we recommend using Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and see if it will detect related malicious programs.